A Guide to Trac-Vac Leaf Collection Systems
If leaves are beginning to take over your lawn, then it looks like you might need a Trac-Vac Leaf Collection System. Fortunately, Trac-Vac makes universal lawn and leaf vacuums with a wide variety of sizes and mower types, so you can be sure to find the perfect Trac-Vac system for your needs. If you’re not sure which Trac-Vac Model will fit your lawn mower or tractor, here is a guide to help you find the perfect Trac-Vac Lawn Vacuum System for you.
If you are interested in adding a leaf collection system to your commercial walk behind lawn mower, the Trac-Vac 470 is – hands down, the best way to go. The 470 features a powerful 6 Horsepower Briggs & Stratton Engine Turbine System and an 8-bushel capacity Rubbermaid tub that mounts right on top of the mower deck.
On the other hand, if you own a Stand on Mower, then the Trac-Vac 565 Leaf Collection Vacuum is perfect for you. The 565 mounts on most commercial stand on mowers. It’s powered by a Briggs & Stratton Engine, which is mounted to the side of the mower, in order to reduce interference and excess heat. The 44 Gallon Rubbermaid Tub mounts on top of the mower deck to supply an 8 Bushel Capacity and a counter-weight for the added engine and operator.
If you are interested in adding a lawn or leaf collection system to your zero turn lawn mower, then you have a few different Trac-Vac options.
- The 1060 Trac-Vac features a 44 Bushel Capacity cart which can be wheeled behind most 60″ – 72″ Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mowers. This model features an 11 Horsepower Briggs & Stratton Engine, 8″ intake and a heavy duty construction.
- On the other hand, if you’re in the market for a lawn vacuum that provides a little more maneuverability than the 1060, then the 655 Trac-Vac model is perfect for you. This model features two 8-bushel capacity Rubbermaid Tubs, mounted right on the rear of your Zero Turn Mower, with caster wheels for added stability.
- For smaller lawns, the Trac-Vac 462Z is a powerful, yet affordable option. The 462 Model features a compact design which maximizes maneuverability, 6.5 Horsepower Briggs & Stratton Engine and a single 44-Gallon Rubbermaid Tub which mounts right on the back of your zero turn mower.
If you own a riding lawn tractor, Trac-Vac offers a few different models available for you.
- The Trac-Vac 580 lawn vacuum is designed for medium sized lawn tractors. The 580 is composed of a draw bar mounted Briggs & Stratton engine, 25 Bushel Capacity Hopper and heavy duty metal construction.
- The Trac-Vac 880 is comparable to the 580 model. The main difference, being the larger capacity hopper. The Trac-Vac 880 uses a draw bar mounted 44 bushel cart. This larger, heavier system is designed for use with garden tractors.
- Not only is the Trac-Vac 520C the newest addition to the Trac-Vac lineup, it’s also one of the more popular models available for small lawn tractors. This awesome new leaf vacuum features a tow behind cart with a 17 cubic foot hopper with a detachable mesh top for use with material handling as well as grass and leaf collection.
If you’re a tractor owner, then there are a few Trac-Vac models that are perfect for you. The Trac-Vac 854 is built to be used with compact utility tractors with mid-mounted mower decks. On the 854, the 540RPM rear PTO powers the vacuum’s turbine assembly. This turbine easily mounts to any Category I, 3-Point Hitch. The 854 also features a 44 bushel capacity hopper and 8″ turbine intake.
The Trac-Vac 662 is also designed for use with compact utility tractors. Similar to the 854, this model easily hooks up to your tractor’s Category I, 3-Point Hitch. It also features two 44 Gallon Rubbermaid tubs, 6 Horsepower Briggs & Stratton Engine and 8″ Intake.
All of these awesome Trac-Vac Leaf Collection Vacuum Systems and more are available at Mutton Power Equipment. Whether you’re in the market for a pull behind or walk behind lawn vacuum, we have the perfect system to meet your needs – at the lowest prices around. Visit our online store or give us a call at (260) 432-9438.