Easy to purchase, easy to operate, and easy to maintain, 100 Series Tractors have new features and improvements for model year 2018 that make them an even better value:
- The exclusive John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system makes engine oil service easy, clean, and fast.
- New side-by-side foot pedals, seat position ergonomics, and hand controls enhance operator comfort and control of the tractor, giving operators the satisfaction they expect from John Deere.
- The ReadyStart® system allows operators to start the engine without needing the choke unless air temperatures are near or below freezing.
- To make it clear that the 100 Series is built in the U.S., a red, white, and blue label and the words BUILT IN GREENEVILLE, TENNESSEE U.S.A. are imprinted on the dash of each tractor.
Easy to Operate
Whether mowing is your favorite chore, or its just a chore, you’re going to enjoy it a lot more with John Deere’s improvements to these models. A simple ergonomic lever easily changes height of cut and the dash controls have been improved, all for your ease of operations.
The redesigned cut-height lever gives the operator ergonomic leverage and stays out of the way when dismounting.
Dash-mounted control improvements
The larger reverse implement option (RIO) switch is easier to press. An updated spring-return feature on all 100 Series models ensures the operator will not mistakenly leave the throttle lever in the choke position.
Additional improvements added during model year 2017 and applicable to all of model year 2018 include:
- A larger, 300-cold-cranking-amp (CCA) battery provides more reliable starts on all models than the 195-CCA battery.
- Anti-blowout components now come standard on 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Decks to achieve cleaner operation with less grass material debris, especially in dry conditions.
- The 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck blowout kit, BG20470, is no longer listed as an attachment for lawn tractors.
Quality has a color. It’s green and yellow. Built in Greeneville, Tennessee, our 100 Series Lawn Tractors are designed the right way, right down to the tiniest detail. Start with the operator station. It’s wide and welcoming. Check it out.
Easy to Maintain
John Deere makes the new 100 series easy to maintain with the brand new Easy Change 30 second oil change system and side by side foot pedals. Changing the oil is as easy as twisting on a new oil-filled oil filter, check it out in the video below. With side by side forward-reverse hydro static control pedals, operation is comfortable and easy, especially in conditions where you are backing up frequently. A wider footrest area has with channels that steer debris off to the side to keep the platform cleaner, and the footrest also makes it easier to step over the mower deck while entering or exiting the seat.
The one-piece hood opens easily to permit checking and servicing the engine for important service points now located within easy reach, and a service-interval decal is provided inside the tractor hood for convenience when servicing the tractor.
John Deere has changed the oil change. Revolutionized it really. See how fast and easy changing your oil can now be on 100 Series Riding Lawn Tractors with the John Deere Easy Change™ 30-Second Oil Change System. Only from John Deere. Included on the E120, E130, E150, E160, E170, and E180 models. Now anyone can change your oil in 30 seconds, max. Learn how with this great video from John Deere.
Performance improvements get the work done easier and faster, while keeping the operator comfortable:
- Side-by-side foot pedals are easy to use and give excellent control of tractor speed and direction.
- Seat-position ergonomics keep the operator in control and in a comfortable working position.
- An operator’s joint positions are kept comfortable thanks to a lowered seat and raised foot platform.
- ReadyStart and improved RIO and mower cut-height controls make operating the tractor easier.
Uptime improvements ensure faster starts and more reliable operation:
- ReadyStart allows operators to start the engine without needing the choke unless air temperatures are near or below freezing on the E120, E130, E150, E160, E170, and E180.
- An updated spring-return feature on all 100 Series models ensures the operator will not mistakenly leave the throttle lever in the choke position.
- A larger, 300-CCA battery provides more reliable starts than the 195-CCA battery.
Cost of operation
Long-term reliability and easy, simple maintenance procedures keep the cost of operation low:
- The John Deere Easy Change 30-second oil change system makes changing the engine oil easy, quick, and clean.
- Two-year/120-hour bumper-to-bumper* warranty minimizes risk of unanticipated service expense to the owner.
- John Deere reliability and the dealer network simplify maintenance and reduce overall owner cost.
Equipment and attachment changes
A new weather enclosure and sun canopy have been created to work with the updated fender deck and CargO Mount™ system.