There are a variety of steps that a homeowner should take to achieve the lush green lawn that everyone dreams of. Depending on the time of year, different steps should be taken to achieve maximum results. In the spring time, keeping the grass shorter allows for more growth, while in the Summer a shorter grass can quickly become very detrimental. That’s why in the hot Summer months the best thing you can do for your lawn is to add a mulching kit to your riding lawn mower for optimal results.
Mulching kits have become commonplace in the lawnmower industry today. Adding the mulching kit and mulching mower blades to your Riding Lawn Mower can allow you to maintain the nutrients needed to keep your healthy all Summer long. Some benefits of mulching your yard scraps include:
- Increased ground cover of the yard scraps to protect the lawn from the Summer heat
- Thin layer of mulched clippings help to retain moisture in the turf
- Mulched clippings provide excellent nutrients directly to the soil as a free fertilizer
- Clippings can contain up to 80% water and 5% nitrogren
- Eliminates the added time and effort needed to bag grass clippings
Now that you know the benefits of mulching your yard scraps in the Summer, it’s time to find the perfect Riding Lawn Mower Mulching Kit for your mower. We carry mulching kits for both John Deere Riding Lawn Mowers online at Mutton Power Equipment. Click the link below to view our entire selection of Riding Lawn Mower and Zero Turn Mower Mulching Kits.